As all of you know already, AR15 is one of the best and the most desirable rifles you can have.
How to mount a scope on AR-15 with front sight: Step by step guide
It is worth noting that installing a scope on AR15 that already has a front sight is possible.
Related Content: Types of Scopes.
The best combination can be a foldable or adjustable front sight for your AR15https://military.wikia.org/wiki/AR-15_style_rifle.
- Unload the weapon! Remove the magazine and use rubbing alcohol to clean the rail and the screws. Take your time for this step.
Place the rifle in a vice or in some holder to make sure it doesn’t move while installing the scope.
- Install the scope mount and use your hands to tighten down the screws. Use a torque wrench to tighten down the screws according to factory specifications. Do not place the scope mount on the upper receiver or on the free-floating rail.
- Place the scope on the scope mount and use upper rings to secure it in place.
- Use a bubble level to level the scope. This is a separate process. Make sure the scope is aligned vertically and horizontally.
You can shoot and test the scope and adjust it accordingly.
- If you want to use your rifle for 600+ yards targets, lap the rings. This means you will need to sand down the inner portion of the rings to make the best possible surface-to-surface contact.
This is a complete guide and there are no additional steps. You need to make sure that the scope mount and the scope are compatible with the AR15 and that the scope is properly leveled. Take your time and try to level up the scope as accurately as you can. This will have a huge, positive effect on your accuracy.
Also Interesting: Scopes for AR-15 with Fixed Front Sight.
How to choose the right scope for AR15?
Magnification is usually the main factor to considerhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telescopic_sight. It defines how many times the scope will magnify the target.
A scope of 4x magnification is useful for a distance of up to 300 yards. The one with 6x magnification can be ideal for targets up to 400 yards. A scope with 10x magnification is perfect for 250-1000 yards distance.
Read More: Quick Disconnect Scope Mounts.
A larger diameter of the scope means more light can penetrate the scope and provide a clear image.
Coating of the lenses
Coating of the lenses decreases glare improves the image. There are 4 types of coatings:
Coated – When lenses are described as coated, a single layer of coat is applied to just one surface.Unsurprisingly, this is normally the most affordable option. Fully Coated – When lenses are fully coated, a one-layer of coat will be applied to all of the lens surfaces.
- Multi-Coated – Several layers of coat are applied to one surface.
Fully and Multi-Coated – This is the best option, but it also comes with a heftier price tag.Fully and Multi-Coated lenses have several layers on all of the surfaces.
Check This Out: 34mm Scope Rings.
The final word
If you want to know how to mount a scope on AR-15 with front sight, this framework should guide you down the right path.