The Ruger Mark IV is a popular semi-automatic pistol that is well-regarded for its accuracy, reliability, and ease of use. One of the best ways to improve the accuracy of your Ruger Mark IV is to add a red dot sight. With a red dot sight, you can quickly and accurately aim at your target, making it a popular accessory among shooters of all skill levels.
If you’re in the market for a red dot sight for your Ruger Mark IV, you’ll be pleased to know that there are many high-quality options available. In this buying guide, we take a look at the top 5 red dot sights for the Ruger Mark IV, plus some handy tips and guidelines you can follow when buying your next red dot sight.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Red Dot For Ruger Mark IV
Here is a list of the 5 best Ruger Mark IV red dot sights.
- Holosun HS507C-X2
- Vortex Optics Venom
- Trijicon RMR Type 2
- Crimson Trace RAD Pro
- Burris FastFire III
1) Holosun HS507C-X2
- Unique Advanced Features
- Fantastic Battery Life
- Best Value For Your Money
- Beginners Can Find Cheaper Options
The Holosun HS507C-X2 is a great choice for the Ruger Mark IV due to its advanced features, durability, and optical clarity.
One of the standout features of this sight is its Shake Awake technology, which helps to conserve battery life while still providing quick and easy target acquisition. The solar panel also helps to extend battery life, making it ideal for long-range shooting sessions. For this reason I also rated the HS507c as one of the best Browning Buckmark Red Dot Sights I’ve tested as well!
The Holosun HS507C-X2 is built with a 7075 aluminum housing and is both shockproof and waterproof, ensuring that it can withstand heavy recoil and exposure to the elements.
In terms of optical clarity, the Holosun HS507C-X2 features Holosun’s trademark multiple reticle system (MRS) – a 2 MOA dot reticle with a 32 MOA circle around it. The sight also offers 12 brightness settings, two of which are for night vision compatible devices. In our post about Holosun & EOTech we saw that these brands are very adjustable. The Holosun also has an auto-brightness feature that adjusts the reticle to match the ambient lighting conditions.
Overall, the Holosun HS507C-X2 is our number one choice for the Ruger Mark IV. It offers advanced features, durability, and optical clarity, making it a great choice for competitive shooting and hunting.
My Experience With HS507C
Avid readers of my articles know how much I appreciate a Holosun’s red dot sight – the HS507C is no different. The sight’s durability, easy-to-use controls, and impressive battery life make it ideal for long my hunting trips.
Overall, I have come to experience that the Holosun HS507C-X2 is a reliable and versatile option for hunters who need a high-quality reflex sight that can withstand harsh hunting environments.
2) Vortex Optics Venom
- Great Durability
- Most Popular Red Dot Sight
- Beginner Friendly & Easy To Zero
- Other Red Dots Have More Features
The Vortex Optics Venom is an amazing sight and definitely one of the more durable red dot sights – making it a great option as the second-best red dot sight for the Ruger Mark IV. One of its standout features is its optical clarity, which is critical for a red dot sight.
You can choose between a 3 MOA and 6 MOA dot reticle model, both are clear and precise, providing accurate and quick target acquisition for hunters and target shooters. Thanks to the sight’s ten brightness settings, the reticle is also highly visible, even in low light conditions. The adjustability is why I also rated the Venom as one of the Best P365 Red Dots as well!
The sight is designed to withstand extreme environments and is both shockproof and waterproof. Depending on your brightness levels, you can expect a battery life of between 150 to 30,000 hours.
Finally, the Vortex Optics Venom is highly versatile, and you can use it for various shooting activities. It features a low-profile design that is compatible with a wide range of firearms, including the Ruger Mark IV. The sight is easy to mount and adjust, and its lightweight construction makes it easy to carry on the go.
My Experience With Venom
I enjoy the sight’s compact design, and lightweight construction – it makes it easy to use in the field. I prefer the 3 MOA dot reticle option over the 6 MOA dot reticle as it provides more accurate aiming at close to medium ranges.
3) Trijicon RMR Type 2
- Highly Rugged Design
- Crisp Sight Picture
- Great Adjustability
- Can Be Tough To Zero For New Shooters
The Trijicon RMR Type 2 is a highly regarded red dot sight and is an excellent choice for the Ruger Mark IV. The sight is known for its rugged construction and impressive durability. Just like we saw in our comparison of the RMR vs Trijicon SRO, we know it is ideal for hunters and shooters who demand a high level of performance.
The sight is constructed from high-quality materials, allowing it to be both shockproof and waterproof. The Trijicon features a crisp sight picture allowing for fast target acquisition.
The RMR also features unlimited eye relief and a bright reticle that is 3.25 MOA. The sight’s eight brightness settings are easy to adjust, and the toggleable automatic and manual brightness adjustment feature ensures the reticle remains visible in any lighting conditions. This is why I also rated the RMR as one of the Best Hellcat Red Dots that I’ve used.
Finally, the Trijicon RMR Type 2 boasts an impressive four year battery life at brightness setting 4, which is essential for hunters and shooters who spend long hours in the field.
My Experience With RMR
Even after mounting the RMR on the Mark IV, I found that it remains agile and lightweight – two qualities I appreciated when I used it as my carry-on pistol while hunting in the mountains.
4) Crimson Trace RAD Pro
- Great Glass Quality
- Easy To Mount & Zero
- Has Automatic Brightness Sensors
- Other Optics Are More Durable
- Less Adjustability Than Premium Optics
Crimson Trace has a reputation for producing quality laser sighting systems, and the RAD Pro is no exception.
This micro red dot sight offers excellent optical clarity, with a bright, clear reticle that is easy to see and provides quick and accurate aiming. This is the main reason I also rated the CT Rad as one of the Best Canik TP9SF Red Dots that I’ve tesed!
The engineers over at Crimson designed this red dot sight to be extremely tough. The RAD Pro features a buffed-up top strap design that deflects stress away from the lens. The sight also has a long battery life, which is essential for extended hunting trips or target shooting sessions.
The sight features an automatic brightness sensor that conserves battery that adjusts the reticle’s brightness based on ambient light conditions.
My Experience With Crimson
The Crimson is a very versatile little red dot sight – allowing it to be featured in several of my articles, including the best red dot sights for the Hellcat. The feature I appreciate most about the RAD Pro is the fact that the engineers took the time to design and build a red dot sight that is ideal for us hunters who enjoy hunting in extreme environmental conditions.
5) Burris FastFire III
- Top Quality (Aircraft Grade Aluminum)
- Above Average Battery Life
- Different MOA Options
- Other Red Dots Have More Adjustability
- Very Low Profile Mount (Not Great For Everyone)
The Burris FastFire III is built with high aircraft-grade aluminum that is both highly lightweight and strong.
A single CR1632 battery powers the FastFire III – rated to last for 5 years. The sight is also equipped with an auto-brightness mode that adjusts the reticle’s brightness based on ambient light conditions -helping preserve battery life. Alternatively, you can use the three manual brightness settings.
The sight is available either with a 3 and 8 MOA dot reticle. The FastFire has both windage and elevation adjustments that are easy to use.
My Experience With FastFire
The Fastfire is probably one of the lightest red dots I have ever tested. The Burris also has a low profile when mounted, allowing me to shoot more accurately and make a faster target acquisition -definitely a red dot sight to consider!
Which Should You Get?
Choosing the best red dot sight for your Ruger Mark IV depends on your individual needs and preferences. However, each of the five red dot sights mentioned above offers unique features and benefits that may make them a good fit for you.
- If you’re looking for a red dot sight with an impressive battery life and unique features such as Shake Awake technology, the Holosun HS507C-X2 may be a great choice.
- If you prioritize durability and a lifetime warranty, the Vortex Optics Venom may be a good option. It also offers a large sight picture and easy-to-use controls.
- For a rugged and reliable alternative to the Venom, the Trijicon RMR Type 2 may be the right fit. It offers excellent optical clarity and is designed to withstand harsh environments.
- The Crimson Trace RAD Pro is also a durable option that is designed to withstand tough conditions. It offers a large field of view and a bright reticle.
- The Burris FastFire III is a versatile and affordable option that offers a bright reticle and a low-profile design. It also has an easy-to-use battery compartment and a long battery life.
Ultimately, it’s important to choose a red dot sight that meets your specific needs and shooting style. Take the time to evaluate each option based on the key factors mentioned in this guide to make an informed decision.
How We Review Red Dot Sights
We approach every review with the same requirements and framework. Here are some of the most important factors we consider when reviewing a Ruger Mark IV red dot sight:
- Design Quality and Durability: The design quality and durability of a red dot sight are crucial factors to consider. We evaluate the construction quality and materials used, as well as the overall build quality of the sight. We also look for features like waterproofing, shock resistance, and scratch-resistant coatings.
- Battery Life: Battery life is always an important consideration for red dot sights. We evaluate the expected battery life of the sight, as well as any features that help to extend battery life, such as automatic shut-off or low-battery indicators.
- Optical Clarity and Reticle: Optical clarity is another critical factor to consider when evaluating a red dot sight. We evaluate the clarity of the sight picture, as well as the sharpness and brightness of the reticle. We also consider the size and shape of the reticle, as well as any adjustable reticle features.
- Brightness Settings: The brightness settings of a red dot sight are also important to consider. We evaluate the range of brightness settings available, as well as any automatic brightness adjustment features. We also look for settings that are easy to adjust on the fly.
- Mounting Options: The mounting options available for a red dot sight are also an important consideration. We evaluate the compatibility of the sight with different types of firearms and mounting systems. We also consider the ease of installation and the stability of the mount.
- User Experience: The user experience of a red dot sight is also important to consider. We evaluate the ease of use of the sight, as well as any additional features like parallax adjustment or multiple reticle options. We also consider the value for the price and any customer support or warranty options.
Benefits Of A Red Dot Sight
Here are the benefits of using a red dot sight on your Ruger Mark IV:
- Improved Accuracy: Red dot sights are designed to be more accurate than traditional iron sights. They provide a clear and precise aiming point, which allows the shooter to make more accurate shots.
- Quick Target Acquisition: Red dot sights allow the shooter to acquire their target quickly and easily. The sight provides a large and bright aiming point, which allows the shooter to quickly and accurately aim at their target.
- Better Visibility: Red dot sights are designed to provide a bright and clear aiming point, even in low-light conditions. This can be especially useful for hunters and shooters who may be shooting in low-light conditions.
- Increased Range: Red dot sights can help increase the effective range of a firearm. The clear and precise aiming point allows the shooter to make accurate shots at longer distances.
- Versatility: Red dot sights are versatile and can be used with a variety of firearms, including rifles, shotguns, and pistols. They can also be used for a variety of shooting activities, including hunting, target shooting, and tactical applications.
- Increased Speed: Red dot sights are designed to be used with both eyes open, which allows the shooter to maintain situational awareness while aiming at their target. This can increase the speed of target acquisition and reaction time in a self-defense situation.
Mount Types For Ruger Mark Red Dot
Depending on the type of firearm you own, there are many Different Types of Mounts that can be used to attach your optic!
- Picatinny Rail Mounts: These are the most popular type of mount for red dot sights on the Ruger Mark series. Picatinny rails are a standardized system of mounting rails that are used on a wide range of firearms, and there are a variety of Picatinny rail mounts available for the Ruger Mark series.
- Dovetail Mounts: Dovetail mounts are designed to fit into the dovetail grooves that are typically found on the top of the Ruger Mark series. These mounts are simple to install and offer a low-profile design making it easy to connect red dot sights.
- Hybrid Mounts: Hybrid mounts are designed to combine the best features of multiple mount types. For example, some mounts may use the dovetail as the mounting plate to provide stability and a Picatinny rail to allow for the attachment of a wide range of accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you put a red dot on a Ruger Mark IV?
What red dot for Ruger Mark 4 hunter?
Is the Ruger Mark IV worth it?
What red dot do SEALs use?
What is better 1 MOA or 2 MOA?
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, adding a red dot sight to your Ruger Mark IV can greatly improve your accuracy and shooting experience. With so many options available on the market, it can be difficult to choose the right one for your needs. Therefore, we hope we’ve helped you narrow down your options. Remember to consider your specific shooting needs and preferences when choosing a red dot sight. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly option or a top-of-the-line sight with all the bells and whistles, there’s a red dot sight out there for you. Happy shooting!
- Unique Advanced Features
- Fantastic Battery Life
- Best Value For Your Money
- Beginners Can Find Cheaper Options